There's comes a time in every smokers life, that they contemplate quitting smoking. Each of us have many different reasons as to why we want to stop smoking, our health being the main one, as well as that ever persistent and lovely smoker's cough. Whatever your reason may be, the facts are that we know we need to stop, we know what it does to us, and how it will eventually affect our lives. The hard part is setting the plan in motion to actually begin to quit.

Being that there are so many treatment options availble nowadays, it can seem a difficult task in choosing the right one. What I always suggest is to look at each one for its own merits and downfalls and with this information try to pick the one tha fits best within your lifestyle. By doing your homework first, choosing the method that will work for you becomes far easier.

This was very difficult for me to choose at the time of my quitting as I had no idea as to which method was right for me. So the obvious first stop was to my local health practitioner to see which method had the fewest side effects and yet had a high success rate.

After discussing the many methods and their side effects, the conversation turned to the psychological battle that quitting smoking entails. For most people, myself included, this would be the most trying part of quitting.

I hadn't even considered mentally preparing myself to quit. It was always just an assumption to me that you quit, became really grouchy for a week or so and that was it - you were a non-smoker. It never crossed my mind that this non-smoking thing was a lifelong committment.

After speaking with my doctor and choosing a treatment option, she told me to pick a day about two weeks out as my quit day, and use those two weeks to prepare for my new lifestyle. Finding out just how much my life centered around smoking, I'm glad that I had two weeks to prepare myself. Starting with my home I began clearing out the ashtrays, washing all the bedding and curtains, even steam cleaned my carpet to remove any smell, and began to smoke outside.

Quitting smoking is very hard thing to do, anybody who has quit is quick to tell you that it has been one of the most difficult things that they have done within their life. It is also one of the most rewarding accomplishments that one will achieve by overcoming your addiction to nicotine, I will be the first one to tell you how hard it is but being able to walk past the store and not have to worry about if you have enough cigarettes for the night, is absolutely priceless.

Looking for a method to stop smoking? Better be quick to check out Darren Warmuth's views on the best way to get started quitting smoking

Click here to get your own unique version of this article.

1 comments

  1. Cancer World // 21 March 2017 at 17:59  


    Nice Information About Lung Cancer and Its Symptoms . Nice work.